I plan on taking a dating-break during coronavirus, as I prefer to meet face-to-face. However, I will admit that I’ve had a phone date or two. Coronavirus doesn’t mean you have to take a break from your dating life! In fact, now might be the ideal time to date with a virtual date.
- All those consultants that travel Monday through Friday? They are home and available!
- Do you usually work 60 hours a week, but now find things winding down to a more manageable level? You have more time. Take advantage.
- Feeling less stressed due to no FOMO? Use that extra energy you have to meet someone new.
- Introverted, yet craving some people-time right now? Go on a virtual date! It might even be easier and less stressful for you than an in-person date.
If you’d like to continue dating, take advantage and go on a few virtual dates. Who knows – maybe in a few months you’ll have your spring fling turn into a long-term relationship. Below are 5 tips for planning a successful virtual date during coronavirus and COVID 19.
5 Tips for a Successful Virtual Date
1. Keep the Virtual Date Simple – A Phone Call Date Works
Before I get into tips for a Facetime or virtual date, remember that a simple phone call works too. I personally hate looking at myself on the computer or on my iPhone. I just look terrible. Your date may feel the same too. Suggest a simple phone call. Plus, you don’t have to worry about scheduling the time of the date. Just call your date one evening or weekend afternoon. If they pick up – great. If not, leave a message asking them to call you back at a time that is convenient for them.
Dating tip for guys: If you call a woman, leave her a brief message and send a text. A voice message makes your stand out.
2. Move Your Laptop to a Spot with Good Lighting
Lighting makes all the difference in how you look. Try to plan your virtual date during the early evening or afternoon. Try to face the window, so that the natural sunlight is in your face. If you can only make an evening virtual date work, turn off your overhead light and turn on a lamp near your face or behind you.
3. Dress Nicely for Your Virtual Date During Coronavirus
Unlike an in-person date, you don’t need to dress up as much for an online virtual date. It would be weird if you were wearing a suite and a tie as a guy, or a sexy-red dress as a girl. Instead, go for a simple, blue collared shirt if you are a guy. A blue shirt will make you look trustworthy and reliable. If you are a female, wear a cute, feminine top.
4. Limit Your Virtual Date to 60 Minutes – Even If We All Have LOTS of Extra Time During COVID 19
Keep your date short and simple. A virtual date doesn’t need to be 2 hours like a typical in-person date. Make sure it is longer than 30 minutes, but feel free to cut is off around the 1-hour mark. Use the time to ask your date fun, creative questions. This is the time ask non-typical questions.
Virtual date question ideas during Coronavirus
- Have you picked up any new hobbies?
- What 1-3 people are you staying in touch with? Why?
- What do you love most about working from home?
- What are you looking forward to doing the most once COVID 19 goes away?
- Have you learned anything new about yourself or a close friend during this time?
- What do you miss the most about your regular routine that you can’t do now due to COVID 19?
5. Have Fun – Pour Yourself a Glass of Wine during the Virtual Date!
According to my friend Chantel, alcohol makes any date better. So go ahead and enjoy a drink during your date. Just make sure your date plans on bringing a drink too.
Have You Had Any Virtual Dates? I’d Love to Hear From You!
Have you gone on any cool dates recently? Or do you have any horror stories? I want to hear them all! Send me a message on the Dating Snippets Instagram.
Have a dating question? Message me on Facebook too, and I’ll respond with your dating question on the Dating Snippets YouTube channel. (Shameless plug to please subscribe!)
Happy safe and virtual dating!
-Christina Marie from Dating Snippets